Uritorco Hill is world famous for its paranormal events, hundreds of sightings of reported UFOs in recent years have attracted tourists from all over the world.
With a height of 1949 mts., Uritorco Hill is located in the center of Argentina, in the Capilla del Monte, province of Cordoba.
Access to the hill: rates
Because it is a private hill belonging to a local family, to access the hill you must pay a fee of $40 Argentine pesos if you go by car or $15 pesos if you go by motorcycle , you can walk for free .
At the base of the hill there is a complex with restaurant, parking, grills, gift shop and so on.
To climb the hill you must pay $90 per person , with this price comes included a guide.
Ascent and descent
brendafdez / Flickr
There are 6 kilometers of distance, there are rules that one must respect to climb, not anyone can do it, this is what you must take into account:
- The ascent is in a group and in a single schedule: 7am , meaning that to ascend you must be at 6:30 in the morning at the base of the hill for a safety talk with the guide.
- The time limit of descent is at 16hs.
- You must bring 2 liters of water and comfortable clothes
- You must also bring 1 food parcel: sandwich and fruit, also some food with sugar
- Throughout the ascent course there are different levels and programmed breaks, depending on your age, which will allow you to ascend to a higher level.
Hotels and cabins
To climb the hill you must be very early in the morning, so you should sleep in Capilla del monte.
There are many hotel options available in Uritorco hill, this is the list of hotels near the hill:
- Hotel – Spa Uritorco: Promotion 7 nights + breakfast in double room from